This gadget provides a super fast way to visualize and cluster large sets
of addresses on Google Maps from a Google SpreadSheet. Such as the below (you can pan and zoom in the
The gadget will not load if you're outside the Google Intranet. You can see
this other demo instead.
See this screenshot and this other screenshot.
How to use this gadget?
Creating a Google Spreadsheet
- Go to Google Spreadsheets at http://docs.google.com.
- Log in with your Google account. If you do not have a Google account, create one here.
- Click on Upload
- Choose the file that you want to upload.
Adding the Gadget to a Spreadsheet
- Open a Google spreadsheet that has addresses.
- Select the cells that you want to appear inside your map
- On the "Insert" menu, select "Gadget"
- Click on "Custom"
- Write the URL: http://mapcluster.appspot.com/gadget/index.xml
- Click on "Spreadsheet Mapper Gadget"
How to Configure the Gadget
If the gadget does not display anything, it's probably because a required field
is misconfigured. Here are the 3 required fields:
You can also specify optional fields:
- Range - the cells selected for processing in the gadget
- Address Column - this column should contain address in a format like "1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA" (without the quotes)
- Category Column - Based on the "category" attribute, points are assigned different colors differently and a legend is also generated.
- Description Column - The content of this column will be displayed in the bubble if you click on a terminal node
- Minimum spacing between clusters - The minimum spacing (in pixels) between the clusters
files hosted on Google code:
- figue - The content of this column will be displayed in the bubble if you click on a terminal node
Feedback and Contact
If you have problems with the gadget or the libraries, send me an email at
jydelort %at% gmail %dot% com.